If you are a new blogger trying to utilize Pinterest to gain web traffic to your blog or an Pinterest Strategist managing or creating client accounts, having a business account on Pinterest is a MUST! I am going to show you step by step on how to create or convert your account into a business account.
STEP #1: CONVERTING/CREATING BUSINESS ACCOUNT
You have two options from here. You can convert your personal Pinterest account to a business one OR you can create a whole new account and set it up as a business from the start. I will tell you both options.
Option 1: Converting a Personal account to a Business account:
- Log into your Pinterest profile account
- Go to pinterest.com/business/convert/
- Fill out your business name and your website and then select your business type
- Finally, create an account
Option 2: Creating a New Business account:
- Go to pinterest.com/logout and log out of your account
- Now go to pinterest.com/business/create/
- Fill out your email, create a password and your business name and then select your business type
- Create an account
Pinterest also has their own directions and if you prefer to read through there’s to get an more indepth look, you can check it out here.
STEP #2: UPDATING PROFILE INFORMATION
Now let’s go in and complete our new Pinterest Business account. We are going to want to fill out various place of information.
- Upload a profile photo (you will want this to be a headshot or your company logo)
- Choose your username (this should be the name of your company/brand or your name if you are branding yourself)
- Complete your bio (you should include keywords, SEO optimized so that your account will be ranked higher and get in front of your audience more)
- Add your location (totally optional, I personally do not add this as I work virtually. Do what’s best for your business)
- Finally, don’t forget to add in your website (keep reading to see how)
STEP #3: VERIFY YOUR WEBSITE
How to verify your website on Pinterest. You WANT to do this, so people can see your legit!
- Log in to Pinterest (from your web browser) and click on the three dots in the right upper corner to open up your menu
- Select Settings
- Click on “Claim” and enter your website URL and then claim again (if you are claiming Instagram or Etsy, they have their own claim buttons)
- Select “Add HTML tag”
- Copy the tag and click next
- Go to the index.html file in your website and add the tag to the <head> sections before the <body> section (if you’re like me, you’ll have to google or YouTube this!)
- Once complete, head back to Pinterest and click submit
Pinterest will let you know in 24 hours if your website has been claimed or there was a problem…so keep an eye out for that email!
STEP #4: SETUP RICH PINS
Now you will want to set up Pinterest Rich Pins: Read more about Rich Pins
- You will need to add metadata to the content on your website
- Then you will verify your Rich Pins before you go to Pinterest
It honestly is best to read it straight from Pinterest with their step by step guide.
Now, you need to validate them. When you read the steps from the Pinterest help site, you know you need to go to the Rich Pins Validator. It will look like the image below.
Remember you only need to do this ONCE! I know this sounds like a TON of work and might even be intimidating to get it all set up but it’s truly not and if you just follow the steps that Pinterest provides on their help page, YOU CAN DO THIS! (There are also plenty of YouTube and google articles on this)
You are fully setup and reading to start pinning for your business! Now to finish your setup, all you need to do is set up your Pinterest boards and upload your pins! (stay tuned for a blog post showing you how to do this!)
I hope this step-by-step guide will direct you to get started with your Pinterest business account for your Blog, Podcast, or whatever your business endeavor is. Pinterest can be tedious and time-consuming, but will be so worth it in the long run and is a good investment of your time. If you do not have any interest in doing it yourself or just simply do not have the time, I can assist you with that. I can help make your business day to day easier by taking Pinterest off your hands, I have from monthly maintenance to a complete hands-off Pinterest Takeover! Take a look at my packages and see if any are right for you, or set up a discovery call and let’s chat.